Friday, December 30, 2016

2016 Review

As 2016 comes to a close, I've been taking time to reflect on the year... how far I've come, what I've accomplished, what I didn't accomplish, what my family has been through, the changes, the mistakes, and the goals I set this time last year.

I used to just set big goals and hope that I achieved them somehow. But after reading "The Compound Effect" by Darren Hardy, I realized it's not about the big picture... it's about the smaller steps you take along the way that compound into your larger goal. I feel like I did a BETTER job last year breaking down my goals, but this year I want to dive into deeper in them.

If you have never made a vision board, I highly recommend. I made mine on PicMonkey.com ... it's a free site. I saved it to my computer, printed it out, and posted it on my desk above my computer most the year so that I could see it everyday. I love that it's more colorful and pleasing to look at... I don't know about you, but I'm much more likely to stick to something that pleasing to the eye than just words on a paper. But do what works for you.

So here was my board from last year. I couldn't actually find the digital copy since my computer crashed during the year, but you can see where I had it posted!



And here's where I'm at!

Goal:

New Before/After 
I definitely had this! After having Ryder, 21 Day Fix and 22 Min Hard Corps made it happen! 

Beachbody Punta Cana Success Trip
This is an ongoing one... I've reached goals to achieve it, but I'm still on the wait list.

One Date Night/Month 
We've done a pretty good job at this one! And we've decided to continue it on this year! We've even got some big ones planned already. 

Achieve Diamond 
This is a "rank" or promotion as a Coach in Beachbody. I hit this goal... then lost it and recently hit it again. This time I'm not letting go of the momentum! 

Move back to the US! 
DONE! What surprised us even more was that we moved to Texas!

Travel to Hawaii
Done! We made the trip in April (and paid mostly by what I make as a Coach.. which was exciting!) We had a great time with family. 

Read 12 Personal Development Books
I'm not sure the number, I did great in the beginning of the year but slacked off after our move. I probably only read about 7 or 8. Making this goal again this year. 

Help 50 Women
Officially, I helped 37 people get started on a health and fitness journey. This is a hard one to calculate, so I want to rework this goal this year. 

Start a stroll workout group
I never got a chance to do this... but I did join one in Texas! It's nice to get together with other ladies with the same mindset! 


Overall, I'm pretty happy with my resolutions. I'm looking forward to refining these and setting some for 2017! 

Did you achieve your 2016 goals? I'd love to hear about them! 




No comments :

Post a Comment