Thursday, January 12, 2017

Stuffed Pepper Casserole

Look at that deliciousness.



It's pretty much one of our favorite weeknight recipes.

Steve asks for it. a lot.

Which I'm totally okay with, because it's easy to make!

Steve has been out of town and I found one last serving that I had frozen for lunches and decided to pull it out for dinner. I realized I have not shared the recipe yet... and that's just not nice!

I'll be making the recipe again on Sunday - so I'll update with better pictures.

Stuffed Pepper Casserole

(This was originally a stuffed pepper recipe that I made my own. Basically, we hated having to cut the whole pepper while eating it and I was normally juggling a baby while eating at the same time... so I came up with the idea to turn it into a casserole AND it freezes much better this way!

Ingredients: 

- 4 Large Peppers. I like to do 2 red, 2 green.

- 2 cups prepared couscous (make it whole wheat for healthier option!)

- 1 1/2 cups cooked shredded chicken

- 1/2 cup Salsa

- 1/2 packet Taco Seasoning (or make your own and use about 1 tbsp)

- 1 cup shredded 4 Cheese Mexican Blend (divided)

- 1/2 sour cream (I've also made this with plain greek yogurt and the hubby didn't notice a difference!)

- Salt and Pepper to taste

Directions:

1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray dish with cooking spray.
2. Chop up your peppers into bite sized chunks. Place into casserole dish.
3. In a large bowl combine cooked couscous, shredded chicken, salsa, taco seasoning, 2/3 cup of cheese, and sour cream.
4. Layer the mixture on top of the peppers.
5. Top with the remaining 1/3 cup of cheese.
6. Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes.
7. Enjoy!

(Makes about 6 servings)


For all my Fix Portion Control ladies...  I'm not perfect and I haven't measured everything out pre-mixing in my awesome little containers.... but when I eat one serving, I consider it 1 red, 1 green, 1 blue, 1 yellow.






No comments :

Post a Comment