Monday, October 17, 2016

Less than two weeks until closing!

Life in settling in for us here in San Antonio. We actually  got to take the kids to the Zoo this weekend which was a lot of fun.

We are less than two weeks away from closing on our house! I can't wait to start decorating! It's been SO long since I've seen our stuff, especially the things that have been in storage for 2+ years, that I'm scared to actually start buying anything until I see what I have exactly.

But I have been using an amazing tool, called Olioboard to help me with my vision. So far I've started with the living room and master bedroom and I love the way they are turning out.

My plan is to not actually buy anything until I have my vision board with me so that I KNOW it fits with what I am looking for. I'm horrible about buying pillows, taking them home and only liking them for a week.

I might not buy the exact objects on this board, but it will at least give me a feel for what I am looking for.


The media stand for the TV above is the one we already have. If it doesn't end up going with the theme of the living room, it will get moved to our loft room eventually. 


We are putting our Queen Bedroom Suite in the guest room and starting over with a King bed in the master. My parents gave me a dresser/mirror combo that is a beautiful wood passed down from my great grandmother. We will be refinishing it and I love the finish on the dresser above. 


I still have a lot of vision to create and even more to actually accomplish, but I know our house will be a home that we love eventually. 


No comments :

Post a Comment