Friday, January 6, 2017

An Empty Mantel

First, let me say this is the first time I've had a mantle to decorate in our house.

When we moved into our new house, it was the first week of November. Once the boxes were unpacked and I actually began to decorate, I decided it was easiest to go straight into Christmas mode.

So up went the Christmas decorations on our new mantle. Here's a look.

-->I didn't get any good photos, but you get the picture :-)





We did end up buying the clock at Kirkland's and I still love it. Not only is it a great decoration, but it's practical and Sadie is learning to tell time from it.

But then January came and all of the Christmas decorations were packed away.

And now I'm left with this. (Excuse the toys... I'm a mom.)




So I'm starting from scratch! I've been pinning like crazy and here is some inspiration I've found.



So far, I've purchased three things for the mantle. The small gold circle thing is from Home Goods.

I already had the two candle sticks, but I'm not sure I want to use those there.

And the two small topiaries are from Amazon.



I am on the search for the remaining items to hopefully have it finished next week.

More to come...


Share your ideas with me! I'd love to hear them!

No comments :

Post a Comment